An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our Revenues Team as a Revenues Officer (Recovery), based in the Civic Offices, Woking Town Centre.
Salary is based on experience.
With no previous Council Tax experience, the starting salary will usually fall within the W1 pay grade (between £17,364 and £21,685) plus flexible benefit of £1,400.
Comprehensive training will be provided, which includes everything needed to elevate you to the W2 pay grade after your first six months. You can quickly progress from then on as your experience and performance increases.
This job is also open to those who already have Council Tax experience. A competitive salary which recognises this will be offered to experienced Officers.
Whatever your level of experience, you will be given the chance to pursue a professional qualification funded by the Council should you wish to.
You will be part of a team responsible for the recovery of outstanding Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rates. You will be customer focussed, empathetic but assertive and confident in communicating both verbally and in writing, in order to deliver successful outcomes for customers and for the Council.
The main duties of the role include:
- Ensuring the recovery cycle is followed and completed for Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rates accounts for all stages of recovery, including post liability order action
- Analysing and monitoring post liability order actions including Enforcement Agent case selection and review, Committal, Bankruptcy, Charging Orders and other actions as required.
- Attending and representing the Council at Liability Order and Committal hearings
- Liaising with external bodies such as Enforcement Agents, Department of Work and Pensions and Solicitors
- Conduct office interviews and deal promptly and courteously with all forms of communication with the general public in accordance with the Councils Customer Care Code and other agreed guidelines
- Assisting as required in activities relating to the billing and collection of Council Tax and Business Rates
The successful applicant would be flexible and adaptable, and possess the ability to learn complex legislation.
The Council offers in return 23 days annual leave (which increases with continuous service), a generous flexi time scheme with the ability to take two flexi days per month, membership of the local government pension scheme, discounted health and leisure membership, plus many more excellent benefits.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Cathy Hames (Senior Recovery Officer) on 01483 743639 or Rachel Evans (Senior Revenues Officer) on 01483 743237.
Interview Date: 05th November 2019
Woking Borough Council is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Woking Borough Council values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Please apply online via the link provided.